Symptoms of Low T: Sleep Quality
How much more could you achieve if you woke every day feeling fully rested?
Men with low testosterone consistently list trouble sleeping as a key symptom. Sleep and hormones are inextricably linked.
As men age, testosterone naturally decreases. Often as early as in their mid 30s, men are experiencing sleeplessness due to hormonal imbalance.
Sleep Related Symptoms of Low Testosterone
- Difficulty falling asleep and sleeping through the night
- Constantly feeling tired and fatigued
- Fewer deep sleep cycles
- Sleep deprivation lowers your natural testosterone production
- Low testosterone contributes to shallower, shorter sleep patterns and diminished REM sleep
“Sleep deprivation has been linked by
researchers to lower testosterone levels.”
- Dr. Michael Irwig, Director of the Andrology Center at George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Quality sleep is essential for energy, good health, handling stress, maintaining healthy weight, mood and libido. When hormones are out of balance, sleep quality will suffer.
Lack of sleep derived from low testosterone is a medical condition that requires specific treatment by a medical professional. Most patients report improved sleep quality within the first two weeks of beginning treatment.
If you are suffering from these symptoms or would like more information on male hormone treatment, please book a consultation to discuss options with one of our medical providers. Our experts will work with you one-on-one to determine the optimal course of treatment to correct your condition.